Leanne and Joyce’s Easter Treats
When Joyce and Leanne are not busy selling houses they love nothing more than to spend time with their family. This Easter, they would like to share with you two of their favourite recipes. One is great for Easter Brunch and the other is a great side dish for Easter Dinner.
Holiday Morning Wife Saver
You will love this so much you will make it for every holiday brunch!
16 Slices of white bread - crusts removed
16 Slices of Canadian back bacon or ham
16 Slices of sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/2-1tsp. Dry mustard
1/4 cup Minced onions
1/4 cup Green pepper - finely chopped
1-2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 cups Milk
Dash of Tabasco
1/2 cup Butter
Special K or Corn Flakes
1. Set 8 slices of bread into a 9” x 13” buttered glass baking dish
2. Cover bread with slices of back bacon/ham. Then cover bacon/ham with cheese slices
3. Repeat layers with remaining bread, bacon/ham, and cheese
4. In a bowl, beat eggs and pepper. To the egg mixture add dry mustard, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, milk, and Tabasco. Pour mixture over the bread, bacon/ham, and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. In the morning melt butter and pour over top. Top with crushed Special K or Corn Flakes
6. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
This colourful salad is Easter on your plate!
1 litre (tub) of Cool Whip
1 Can (540ml) Crushed pineapple
2 cups Miniature marshmallows
1 pkg. Jello Pistachio pudding mix
1 tbsp. Chopped Walnut
1 Maraschino cherry (for decoration)
1. Mix all ingredients together (except the nuts), gently, with a wooden spoon.
2. Place in a serving bowl.
3. Sprinkle walnuts and top and place the Maraschino cherry in the centre.
4. Refrigerate until serving.
If you make one of our recipes send us a picture and let us know what you think! You can email photos to email@example.com
Happy Easter from the Tourney Group!