Beat the heat with these Summer Treats
When the Tourney Group has a break from selling houses we loves to whip up a full meal including dessert. Here are some of our favourite summer dishes for you to try!
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad -
Pasta Salad is a staple side dish at every BBQ. Why not change it up a bit with Dill Pickles??
3 Cups of Shell Pasta (uncooked)
3/4 Pickles (I go for the extra garlic)
2/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese
2 Tbsp Fresh Dill
3 Tbsp White Onion
2/3 Cup Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Sour Cream
2/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese
3/4 Pickle Juice
1/8 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Franks’ Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Boil the pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and run cold water over it to stop the cooking.
- Toss the cold pasta with 1/2 cup of pickle juice and set aside. Drain and discard pickle juice.
- Chop the pickles and cheese into bite sized bits
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Add the pickles, cheese, and dressing into the pasta and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Top with some fresh dill and dill pickle slices as a garnish.
Drumstick Cake -
Are you in charge of dessert but it is too hot to bake? Try this no bake dessert that everyone will love.
1/4 Cup Butter (or margarine)
3 Tablespoons Smooth Peanut Butter
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Wafer Crumbs
8 oz (one block) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
4 Cups Cool Whip or Whip Cream
1/4 Cup Butterscotch Ice cream Topping
1/4 Cup Chocolate Ice Cream Topping
- Melt butter and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add in wafer crumbs and stir well. Reserve 1/4 of mixture for the topping. Press firmly into a 9” x 13” pan.
- Beat the Cream Cheese, Peanut Butter, and Sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time beating well. Add Milk and Vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the whipped topping. Spread evenly over the crust.
- Drizzle the butterscotch and chocolate sauce over the filling. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Freeze, covered, for at least 6 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. You can also run a knife under hot water for an easier slice.
The Orange Creamsicle -
This adult beverage will make you feel like a kid again.
Whipped Cream Flavoured Vodka
- In a short glass pour in 1 oz of the Whipped Cream Vodka
- Fill glass 3/4 full with Ginger Ale
- Squeeze in the juice from an Orange Slice
Let us know what some of your favourite recipes are and we might just share them!